If you have been injured as the result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to money damages. Serious injuries can prevent us from going to work, lead to high hospital and rehabilitation bills, and interfere with the way we live our daily lives, sometimes permanently. If you have been injured in a car accident, slip and fall, struck by a car while on foot or bike, injured or bit by an animal, or any other injury due to negligence, call us. You do not deserve to suffer because of someone else’s negligence. We can assist you in recouping medical bills, property/vehicle damage, losses due to being out of work, and repayment for your pain and suffering. We will be sure to get you the repayment you are entitled to and make a difficult time in your life a little bit easier.
At Berger & Hicks, our attorneys have represented accident victims for over 35 years, recovering millions in combined settlements for our clients. We are experienced in taking on all insurance companies and we know the tactics they use to take away your rights. Let us protect your rights. Call us now at 305-670-7050.
What to do if you are in a Car Accident:
If you are involved in a car accident, you need to do the following:
1. Be Safe: Do not get out of your car in an active traffic situation. It is best not to move your car so that you can properly document where the accident took place, but do not do so if traffic is heavy.
2. Call the police: If you are involved in an accident involving car damage or injuries, you have an obligation to call the police. Stay in your car until they arrive and they will tell you what to do.
3. Document the scene and cars: Take Pictures! There is no better evidence at trial than pictures from the scene. Take pictures of both cars, the street signs and the surrounding areas.
4. Get immediate medical attention: If you are injured or feeling pain, do not delay to get medical attention. Go to a hospital or urgent care center and beging treatment for your injuries. It is important to know that if you do not get treatment for your injuries within 14 days from the accident, you will forfeit your right to receive Personal Injury Protection (P.I.P.) benefits.
5. Call an Attorney: From the minute your claim begins, the insurance companies will be trying to limit your claims. Contact an attorney immediately to protect your rights. Do not sign any document that the insurance companies give you to sign and do not give a recorded statement without first speaking to an attorney.